Installation of the following components has been accomplished.
- Manzanita Micro PFC-20 battery charger with J1772 compatibility upgrade, along with an external dc-rated input circuit breaker and output fusing that bypasses the 'Run' contactor.
- Zilla 1k motor controller, coolant pump, radiator, reservoir, and fan.
- 53 amp 13.8 Volt output DC-DC converter and 'house battery' using a spare Valence XP-27
- Two Kilovac contactors, one for "Run" and one for safety.
- A Gigavac manual disconnect, essentially a rotary version of their vacuum-sealed contactors
- An LED dome light with red "night vision" auxiliary function.
We re-energized the 12V system yesterday to re-verify function of all original components and begin the commissioning of the 12V control and instrumentation wiring.
After that comes the first high-voltage tests; first of the charging system and then propulsion. Having a rear-mounted pack with a rear disconnect has been a blessing, in that we can work freely without any high voltage present in the motor bay.