Sunday, June 11, 2006

In Living Color

That's right, the long-awaited Paint Day has come! After nearly six months of stripping, cutting, welding, filling, curing, filling, sanding, curing, waiting, sanding, priming, block sanding, re-priming, reblocking, and re-priming, the car got into color! And not just any color, but a custom pearl two-tone! Enuf said, I'll let the photos speak for themselves, with the one qualifier that these photos show a bit of orange peel because the paint was still wet and hasn't had a final color-sanding and buffing yet.
Here's a little before and after for your perusal..







Lastly, these photos don't do the Pearl job justice, so here's a closeup...

3 comments:

Tim said...

God Damnnnnnnnn! Impressed by what you're doing.
I have a 1973 Coupe. Rather rare in Massachusetts. You can see on my blog
http://volksbloggin-in-new-england.blogspot.com/
that I'm trying to lure the VW's out of the woodwork. I attend several all VW air cooled shows and I'm trying to have them join me in attending some of the cruise nights that saturate our area.

Anthony the l337 said...

Help fight the good fight and add this to all of your signatures in forums, comments etc. Anywhere you can add a link!

net atlantic

danp001_at_yahoo said...

Nice Ghia. Where can one get a WARP-9 to Transaxle motor mounting unit?